Content of the material
- Tips on how to sell gift cards online instantly
- Sell a Gift Card on GiftDeals
- Like What You’re Reading?
- 5. Card Kangaroo: A great inventory of cards
- Reasons to buy
- 3. Sell or Exchange them with People You Know
- Can You Get Cash Back From Free Gift Cards?
- Following Precautionary Measures is important:
- 5. Use the Gift Card to Purchase Items that You Can Sell
- 4. Hand over the gift card to the retailer
- Sell a Gift Card on ClipKard
- Sell Gift Cards for Cash
- Ways To Exchange Gift Cards
- What Brands Of Gift Cards Do You Accept?
- Donate Your Gift Card
Tips on how to sell gift cards online instantly
Have the following in mind when you sell gift cards instantly.
- Sell gift card online instantly instead of physically to avoid shipping costs.
- It is also possible to sell gift cards online instantly that are partially used and if possible, opt to trade a gift card instead of selling it.
- Finally, since gift cards do not have expiry dates, you can wait to sell it at your preferred price.
Sell a Gift Card on GiftDeals
Though you can’t yet sell cards to GiftDeals online, you can sell them in person, at least in a few limited areas of the US. At the site, click the Sell Gift Cards (In Person) link. You’re shown a map of some locations in Ohio, West Virginia, Michigan, and South Carolina where you can sell cards at various stores.
The contact details list the name, address, and phone number of each store, so you’ll want to call a store before you head there to make sure it will buy whatever card you want to sell.
Like What You’re Reading?
Sign up for Tips & Tricks newsletter for expert advice to get the most out of your technology.
Thanks for signing up! Your subscription has been confirmed. Keep an eye on your inbox! Sign up for other newsletters
5. Card Kangaroo: A great inventory of cardsA good all-rounder, with a decent selection of cards
Buys physical cards?: Yes Buys store credit?: No Maximum payment: Up to 85% of value
Reasons to buy
+ Over 1,300 cards on offer + Fast selling process + Free shipping on physical cards…
Card Kangaroo has an inventory of about 1,300 cards as of last November and has served nearly 59,000 customers. You can use this website to buy, sell or trade your unwanted gift cards or simply check the remaining balance of a card you found in your wallet. CardKangaroo guarantees the stated balance up to $500 of purchased gift cards for 100 days from the day you buy them. They accept major credit cards as well as PayPal.
If you’re looking to sell cards you simply select the merchant, value of the card and get an offer from the website. This company is unique in that you’ll receive a shipping label and be asked to mail your gift card in, rather than simply providing the card’s number and other information. If this isn’t too much of a hurdle for you, CardKangaroo is a great gift card swap option. You’ll receive payment via a check in the mail or through PayPal.
If you’d rather trade for a different gift card you simply click that option after providing information about the card you no longer want. Once you’ve picked which gift card you want, you’ll have to ship yours in before getting the one you swapped it for in the mail.
3. Sell or Exchange them with People You Know
One of the better aspects of unwanted gift cards is that probably everyone has at least a couple of them laying around. Nowadays, you can actually score free gift cards from Amazon! Send out emails to everyone in your social circle inviting them to do an exchange of your unwanted gift cards for any unwanted cards that they have.
It may be that others will have a similar inventory of the same unwanted cards, but you’ll never know until you ask. It only takes one person to make a match, and you can each recover the full amount of your unwanted gift cards, even if that involves the additional exchange of a small amount of cash.
Can You Get Cash Back From Free Gift Cards?
- Participate in various surveys
- Send referral links for certain services to their friends
- Shop through various apps and websites (e.g., Drop, Ibotta, and CapitalOne Shopping)
If you received and used a free gift card, but you didn’t spend all the money, you can rely on DoNotPay. You don’t have to lose time trying to figure out how to use the remaining balance on your gift card. We will help you claim extra cash in a matter of minutes so that you can spend it someplace else.
Can I use a gift card anywhere? Gift cards have to be used at the merchant that is listed on the card. This is of course not the case with multi-store cards, which usually list every store you can use it at on the card. Visa preloaded cards are also an exception, as they can be used anywhere in place of a debit or credit card or cash.
Will a gift card exchange rip me off? The gift card exchanges we reviewed are all reputable with secure checkout, so your information stays safe. You won’t get 100 percent of the value of the gift card you’re selling, but that’s normal; it’s how gift card exchanges make money.
Will gift card exchanges take my really obscure gift card? Most gift card exchanges only accept cards from national chains or retailers. A card to your local mom and pop shop most likely won’t sell unless you live in a major city.
Is my gift card expired? You can find out by visiting the retailer’s website and looking up the balance on your gift card. If you’re still having trouble figuring out your balance you can call customer service or visit the store in person.
What happens if a gift card exchange gives me a card with an inaccurate balance?
Contact customer service for that exchange, and tell them immediately. They’ll be able to right the wrong and get you back any money you lost.
Following Precautionary Measures is important:
While you plan to sell gift cards for cash, then you must be very particular about maintaining a few things so that you must get the fair deals and get paid in instant cash. While you proceed to sell gift cards, you must keep an eye on the following:
- In case you are trying to sell the gift cards you have, then the chances of getting scammed are always high. Make sure you take care of all the precautionary measures before you get started with a particular service provider. Your ability to maintain these measures can bring you the best and the safest processes for selling cards for cash.
- You must ensure that you do not send the cards until you get the payments. Stick to your point and release the cards immediately after you receive the payment in cash or in your bank account through wire transfer.
- In case you are selling the card of a particular store, then you must prefer to meet the person directly and then proceed with the remaining part of the process. Here, you must check if the card is working or not before you start the process to sell the gift cards for cash.
- If you are planning to sell e-gift cards or vouchers, then make sure to complete the same process as mentioned in the previous step.
- Reading the terms and conditions is very important if you are planning to sell the card using a third-party website. On many occasions, people avoid reading them before agreeing to them and that is where they face the consequences. It may involve the potential risk of scams.
At Cash4GiftCards America, we have the most trusted facilities that most of our clients appreciate. We complete all the necessary procedures before our customers sell gift cards for cash. We follow the official rules and guidelines while handling all the procedures. We follow no shortcuts as they are often risky and are not good for us and for our customers.
So, what are you thinking about? Reach Cash4Giftcards America at the earliest if you are in some kind of hurry for selling gift cards and get paid in cash for the right amount. We offer the right amount as per the standing norms and get your acceptance for that before completing the remaining part of the story!
5. Use the Gift Card to Purchase Items that You Can Sell
Just because you have no interest in the merchandise of a particular gift card issuer doesn’t mean that other people don’t. If there is no other way to redeem the gift card, consider buying one of the more popular items that the issuer sells. And once you have it, sell it on eBay, Amazon.com, or even Craigslist.
You won’t get anything close to the full value of the item you’re purchasing, but it will at least give you a chance to recover some of the value of the card.
|Shipping By Air Prohibited||No|
|Military Clothing (Y/N)|
|Type Of Card|
|Type Electronic Gift Card||Retail|
4. Hand over the gift card to the retailer
Handing over the gift card to the retailer is one of the better options to get your cash, but most retailers make the process too complicated. In various ways, they discourage people from using this option. Before returning a gift card to the issuer, understand the return policy of the issuer or you can request the person who gifted you to assist you with the receipt. Returning a gift card to a retailer will result in the following options.
- The retailer will exchange the gift card a lower value compared to the face value.
- You will be required to have the purchasing receipt while returning the gift card.
- The retailer can offer you an in-store credit. The disadvantage is that you will need to shop in their outlets.
Sell a Gift Card on ClipKard
To sell a gift card, click the Sell Gift Cards link at the top of the website. Enter the gift card you want to sell, the amount, and the quantity. Click the Add Gift Card button, choose if you want to be paid by mailed check or PayPal, then click the button to Submit Order.
Sell Gift Cards for Cash
If you want to sell your gift card for cash, your return will be lower than if you exchange it, says Romanelli: “Swapping your gift card for another store’s is the best way to maximize your return.”
GiftCardGranny.com found that the cards with the highest resale value are for groceries (Safeway takes the top spot), gas stations (Shell and ARCO take No. 2 and 3), or large retailers that offer a wide range of products, such as Amazon and Walmart, which round out the top five. (For a longer list of favorites, see These Are the Best Gift Cards to Give This Year.)
If you don’t want to have the value of your gift card dictated by a reseller, use Raise.com to sell your gift card for cash. You set your own price—think eBay, but without the bidding. WalletHub ranked Raise.com as the second best gift card exchange for sellers, with the average resale value on the site topping $81 for an $100 gift card.
You can list any online gift card for free on the site; for physical gift cards, you’ll pay $1 or 1% of the total balance, whichever is greater. But you may have to wait to get a buyer who’ll pay the price you’re asking. And when you sell the card, the company will take a 12% cut—so even if you get someone to pay full value for your gift card, you’ll recoup no greater than 88%.
Ways To Exchange Gift Cards
Consult the following table to check out the popular gift card exchange methods:
|Ways To Trade Gift Cards||Explanation|
|Visiting the nearest gift card exchange kiosk||To sell your gift card in person and get cash instantly, you should look for an exchange kiosk in your area|
|Selling your gift card online||You can register for a website dedicated to the sale and purchase of gift cards. Make sure to do thorough research before deciding which website to use—some platforms offer better payouts than others|
|Trading your gift card for a different one||Various online platforms enable you to trade the gift card in question for another one (from a different store). You can also head over to your local Target or Walmart and check if they offer store credits in exchange for your gift card|
What Brands Of Gift Cards Do You Accept?
Almost all gift card brands are accepted including retail, online and financial brands, however some restrictions apply. Please see store for details.
Donate Your Gift Card
If you’d rather keep another service from profiting off your gift card or don’t find the exchange worthwhile—or if you’d feel less Scroogelike by giving your unwanted card away—contact your favorite charitable nonprofit and ask if they accept donated gift cards. Giving the card away could even lower your tax bill, if you itemize, and extend that holiday generosity even more.