Content of the material
- Best Ways to Find Under the Table Jobs That Pay Cash
- Best Under the Table Jobs Summary
- Online Ideas
- 21. Passive Income Apps
- Ways To Make Money Under The Table
- 1) Babysitting
- 2) House Sitter
- 3) Construction Worker
- 4) Income Tax Preparation
- College Job Ideas
- 14. Sell Textbooks
- 15. Essay & Resume Editing
- 16. Sell Study Notes
- How to find under the table jobs near me
- Indoor cash jobs (away from home)
- Home organizer
- Personal trainer
- Yoga instructor
- Computer repair
- House/office cleaner
- Party performer
- Massage Therapist
- Sell homegrown produce
- Pet Sitter
- Pet groomer
- House painter
- Personal coach/instructor
- Carpet/upholstery cleaning/repair
- Appliance repair
- Sell at craft fairs
- How to Find Under the Table Jobs?
- Getting Paid Under The Table Pros and Cons
Best Ways to Find Under the Table Jobs That Pay Cash
When finding jobs that pay cash under the table, there are a few options that can help you.
Some of the best ways to find a new job include:
- Nextdoor App
- Friends and Family
If you want to make some extra money then consider becoming a caterer.
You can take some gigs at events and parties where you can serve the guests to make some extra money.
It’s not the best job on the list because you will have to wait for events or parties to get gigs.
However, this can be a great side gig that you can do under the table for some extra cash.
Best Under the Table Jobs Summary
Overall, under-the-table jobs are a prodigious income source for the less experienced people who need swift cash. Although some of these jobs don’t pay as much as conventional ones, they should be considered.
They tend to be a good way to achieve financial independence as a young person or someone who doesn’t have a formal education. Staying consistent and focused might actually lead to a full-time career in your job of choice.
The factors that make these jobs appealing include the fast-flowing cash. Most of these are easy, not very tedious, or time-consuming.
Remember to work your taxes to ensure the legality and save yourself the trouble in case of auditing!
Generally, you want to limit how much PayPal cash you make in a given year because PayPal is run BY A BUNCH OF RATS I TELL YA (I hope you read that in a New York accent).
However, there are also lots of humble online money-makers that pay minor amounts of cash or free gift cards that largely go unnoticed. Plus, these companies aren’t sending you a 1099-tax form or anything like that.
21. Passive Income Apps
I’ve talked about apps that pay passive income a lot on this blog, and in a nutshell, you can earn $100-$200 in free gift cards per year with the following programs:
- S`more Lockscreen App – $36.50-$50 per year in PayPal cash or free gift cards.
- Mobile Performance Meter – $36.50 to $75+ per year.
- MobileXpression – Another easy $30-$50 per year in free gift cards.
- UpVoice – Earn up to $75 for browsing the web.
All I’ll say here is good luck tracking these trickles of PayPal cash or Amazon gift cards!
Ways To Make Money Under The Table
Moving on, let’s get to the juicy stuff. Below is a list of the best under-the-table jobs. They mainly require only basic skills and the least amount of effort.
Saturday nights are date nights for most couples. But who’s going to watch the kids? This is where you save the day. Babysitting doesn’t require much effort on your part. All you need to make sure of is the safety and wellbeing of an adolescent. Which, in most cases, isn’t too much work.
Most babysitting jobs pay by the hour!
2) House Sitter
If you thought babysitting was easy, would you believe it if I told you there was something even easier? Housesitting is getting paid to stay in someone’s house. It is a safety measure taken by people whose job description or routine doesn’t allow them to stay in much. Due to this, they prefer not to leave it empty for more extended periods.
All that is required on your end is to stay in the house for a specified time. That’s it! That’s all that needs to be done by you to get paid!
3) Construction Worker
If sitting idle or desk jobs are not your strong feat, manual labor is a good option. Out of all jobs that pay cash under the table, the highest-paid ones are construction workers.
Another incentive is getting paid cash on the spot. What you’ll need for this particular job are stamina and muscle.
Although this might seem tiresome, in the end, it will be worth the effort.
4) Income Tax Preparation
As a tax preparer, you’ll be working on general tax forms. Some basic knowledge of tax preparation and a PTIN (prepare tax identification number) is required. Both of these things are easily attainable. Once you build a clientele, you can swiftly generate revenue.
The good part is the lack of licensing. The PTIN isn’t a license, and any additional ones aren’t required either. Your job would be to file, prepare and assist with the taxes.
College Job Ideas
I’ve had plenty of college side hustles throughout my 4 years in school.
In college everyone is broke. So, you can bet that a lot of jobs are low-paying cash gigs that are never recorded. If you’re currently a student, consider some of the following hustles.
14. Sell Textbooks
I’ve made a video on different ways to make money in college before, and selling textbooks definitely made the list:
Selling PDF textbooks as a college student is incredibly fast cash.
Once you download a textbook PDF, it’s easy to flip for a modest $10, which also helps keep the cost down for other students. If you have physical copies, you can also resell these on local Facebook groups or to your friends.
Use your extra cash for grocery or beermoney and enjoy!
15. Essay & Resume Editing
Many schools offer resume and essay help from library staff or a careers and services building.
However, you can always offer this on the side to cut out the middleman. A simple post on some local classifieds or Facebook groups can help get the ball rolling.
This is an especially easy way to make some money as you progress through college and get better at writing. Freshmen usually need a lot of help and are willing to pay to avoid failing, so find an arrangement that works for you!
16. Sell Study Notes
There were several courses throughout my time in college where a test bank or final exam questions were leaked.
Since I was barely going to class after my first year, scooping up these notes for $10 or whatever was a pretty easy way to ace various final exams (I love capitalism).
If you take good notes or have test banks and want another under the table job idea, just sell your knowledge to other students.
The ethical dilemma here is for you to grapple with, but hey, if you’re a broke student I say go for it.
How to find under the table jobs near me
The tough thing about “under the table” jobs is that they aren’t always advertised in traditional areas or through normal means.
That said, you can find under the table jobs near you using a variety of resources, like:
- Craigslist– Craigslist job listings can be filtered by type, duration, pay, or area, so you can frequently use sites like this to find jobs that are easily within walking or driving distance.
- Facebook– Lots of people post under the table or one-time jobs for cash in Facebook groups.
- Nextdoor App– Nextdoor helps you quickly find jobs within your local neighborhood or city.
- Friends and/or family members– ask around and see if they have any cash jobs they need you to do. This can be a great way to earn some side cash if you have a big family or lots of friends.
No matter where you look, be sure to present yourself professionally.
Even though you won’t be sitting down for a traditional job interview, you should still dress well, act confident, and be sure you can do what the job entails before accepting.
Indoor cash jobs (away from home)
An indoor job that takes place outside of your home can also be an easy way to make money.
Unlike outdoor cash jobs, you’ll be more comfortable while working these jobs during the winter or at night.
Plus, these jobs usually require more mental energy rather than physical energy, so you don’t need to be worried about being too tired at the end of the day.
Depending on your skills, you could earn anywhere from a hundred dollars a job to several hundred dollars with these side jobs.
Done right, you may even be able to start a self-owned freelance business based on indoor cash jobs.
- Can work in the winter or nighttime comfortably
- Won’t typically be physically tired at the end of the day
- Lots of ways to still get out and see people/socialize
- Opportunities to earn more money in many cases
- Not as much exposed the sunshine or fresh air
- Might not get as much exercise as you’d like
Babysitters aren’t paid well, but your labor is primarily focused on caring for watching kids, which can be fun and relaxing depending on their ages.
Home organizers are paid to go into homes and help people declutter and organize their household items. Your pay will depend on how much money your clients have to spend and your prior experience.
You could work as a personal trainer and help someone achieve their physical fitness goals. You may earn hundreds of dollars over the course of a week with just one or two clients.
The same is true for yoga instructors. You’ll teach classes of yoga students and earn $1000 per week minimum, especially if you work for a great studio.
A freelance tutor teaches math, English, and other skills online or in person. If you teach math or foreign languages, you’ll earn more since these skills are more in demand.
Computer repair experts can earn $100 or more per appointment. You’ll need to know how to clear viruses, repair and replace internal computer parts, and install operating systems.
Wedding photographers are oftentimes paid in cash and charge thousands of dollars for a single day’s work (though they have to sort and edit the photos afterward).
You can even make decent money selling feet pics. Seriously, it’s a thing!
You could be a house or office cleaner and earn hundred dollars per day or more if you decide to work for yourself. Generally, the more skilled you are and the more space you have to clean, the more money you earn.
Musicians can make plenty of money in cash, especially if they play for restaurants. As you gain recognition, you can find gigs at bars, nightclubs, and comedy clubs.
You can work under the table as a clown or magician. Some of your fees will be in tips, so your payment is contingent on how good you do or how entertaining you are.
You can also work as a massage therapist (though you need some training to be good at it). Massage therapists can earn hundreds of dollars per appointment, totaling several thousand dollars per week.
Sell homegrown produce
If you have a garden, you can sell homegrown produce at a farmer’s market or on the street. Seasonal produce is usually more lucrative.
Become a housesitter and check on someone’s house while they are away on vacation. This doesn’t pay much, but it’s not difficult.
Alternatively, become a pet sitter and work under the table by walking and watching people’s dogs and cats. You can earn lots of money doing this, plus form long-lasting relationships with your clients for a steady income.
Similarly, you can become a pet groomer. Brush people’s dogs and cats and earn money while bonding with them. You have to have some knowledge of how to do this before getting clients, though.
Like exterior painters, you can earn hundreds of dollars over the course of a single day depending on how much you paint.
If you have a teachable skill, you can become a personal coach or instructor for clients on your schedule. Charge whatever you like, but the more in-demand your skills are, the more money you will likely make.
Earn money as a carpet or upholstery cleaning and repair person. You’ll likely need to purchase your own cleaning supplies, though, so you’ll have to spend money to make money in this case.
Or, consider repairing appliances like refrigerators, washing machines, and ovens. Naturally, you can only do this if you know how to repair these devices in the first place.
If you like to cook, you can cater to your friends and family members or other interested clients. Caterers can make thousands of dollars per venue.
Estheticians are usually trained, but afterward, they can work on a freelance basis and earn money through cash or under the table. As an esthetician, you’ll help people look and feel great and teach them beautifying skills.
Barbers also require training, but you can work for salons or for yourself and specialize in certain hairstyles. The more specialized you are, the higher rates you can charge.
Sell at craft fairs
If you make crafts such as jewelry, beer, or woodworking, you can sell your creations at craft fairs and festivals.
Here’s a list of 80 trending crafts you can make and sell.
You can also work for clubs and bars as a DJ. Keep in mind that this job requires you to be a night owl since you’ll be working when most people are asleep.
How to Find Under the Table Jobs?
Under-the-table jobs are everywhere, and taking your search both online and offline will help you find the best gigs.
- Nextdoor – This is a site the connects members of a neighborhood. Some people post their need for workers, while others advertise the services they offer on the site. What makes Nextdoor an ideal place to look is that it can help you find find cash paying jobsaround your local neighborhood or community.
- Craigslist – This another useful site that allows you to search for cash jobs around your area. Craigslist has a jobs and gigs section, so your search should start from there. As Craigslist is largely uncensored, it’s important to take caution when applying for any opportunity on this site.
- Job boards – Most job listing sites tend to list traditional career opportunities, but there are niche job sites that list under the table jobs online. For instance, if you’re looking for freelance or remote gigs, sites like Fiverr or UpWork are excellent destinations. Those who are looking for handyman jobs may go to Angie’s List, while odd jobs are largely available on TaskRabbit.
- Facebook – since Facebook is such a massive social media platform, the connections you build here can be instrumental in landing you under the table and part-time jobs. You can advertise your services to let your social circles know that they can hire you for that specific work. It’s also a good idea to join local Facebook groups and network with people in the same industry. by answering questions or providing quality content, potential clients may directly approach you for opportunities.
- Ask your family and friends – and of course, you can just tell people that you’re free to tutor or babysit their kids, mow their lawn, or do their hairstyle for important events. Word-of-mouth is still an effective form of marketing even in this modern age, so just straight up say you’re up to these jobs when they need a hand.
Getting Paid Under The Table Pros and Cons
Here are some pros and cons regarding working under the table…
- No tax on income
- Get paid instantly
- No hour restrictions by law
- Can get in trouble with the IRS if income is not reported
- No job security
- No benefits such as health insurance and 401k plan
- Will not get unemployment benefits if you lose the job
- May face inconsistent pay and work hours
- You will not build an official employment history
As you can see, there are a lot more cons than pros for working under the table so make sure you are ready to take the risk if you choose to go for an under the table job.